Wednesday, July 24, 2013

SEO TIPS #1



As a blogger I had always one question regarding to my blog was that 'How many people will visit my blog? And more importantly how can my blog would be placed higher in Google search rankings?? I did some research and apply those research on my blog. This thing helped me extremely well and i successfully entered into Million club of Alexa ranking. It is really good achievement. Personally I want to clarify that these are not the only way for SEO, but these tips can really help in getting good traffic. You may have your other ways also, if you have then mail me so I can share them.

As my part of research I found that SEO is categorized in two major types:
First is, On page SEO and second is, Off page SEO.

In this post I will talk about On page SEO because covering both issues will make this post undesirably long. So these are key points related with On page SEO.


1.Title Tag

Title tag is the most important tag in your blog because using this tag the search engine will get to know that to which issue your article is related. So always do as possible storming to decide the title tag for your article.

This screenshot will show its working and it works as key factor.

SEO tips fot title tag


Whenever you write title tag then it should be always relevant to your article, it can not be duplicated and always keep its length short as possible.


2. Meta Tags

These tags called as 'Information Carrier' for browser because the  text between meta tags will not be showed on the web page, but it will tell the browser information contained between them.
There are many types of meta tags like Description meta tag, Key word meta tag, Robot meta tag and Charset meta tag. All of them have their own advantage and use in SEO.
This is one example of using Meta tag:
<head> 
<title>It is not Meta Tag </title> 
<meta name="description" content="Description is described"> 
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8"> 
</head>

3. SILO Structure

This third point is mostly unknown from every SEO tips, but I found it from some of the resources. Basically,its not new for us but the way it is used in SEO is more important, and this makes the noticeable impact in your site rankings.

In simple words, it can be taken as a Pyramid structure or a hierarchy of your web site.
If you look at my site then you will find that at top most level "Homepage" is there. Then below level  Reviews, OS, Software, Facebook.,etc are there. Again there is sub layer for OS and Reviews named as Windows, Android, Apple and Gadgets, Software respectively.

These structure should me well mannered, and you have to make it as simple as possible so Google can understand your site easily.

The other thing related with SILO structure is URL representation. Afterall URL is like your address by which some one identify your home. Such like that the whole site should be categorized in proper manner so the URL should make a proper meaning.

In my blog you can notice that every post is categorized by their date of creation and according to that the URL is generated. You can see it by viewing this posts URL. 



These were some On Page SEO tips, I didn't include all the information in this post because its unrealistic for me to explain each and every point but this short description will definitely help in better understanding.  Thank you so much and wait for the second part of this SEO TIPS article :)

Filled Under:

1 comments:

  1. meta tag is very essential, we can say soul of any website for seo
    great post, meta tag with proper keyword will surly helps to grow your blog faster..

    ReplyDelete


Follow Us